Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our 4th Anniversary

Paul and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary on June 17, 2009!


Paul planned the whole thing himself. He arranged for my mom to babysit Alex and told me we were going to dinner somewhere. He even told me what to wear, because I had no clue where we were going.

He reserved the Evergreen Room at the new Taprock Northwest Grill, so we had the whole room to ourselves! It was really special and fun. We had our own personal server, and the owner and the manager came at different times and checked on us to make sure we were being taken care of. We were really impressed.
We even got this special flower arrangment from the Evergreen Bank (this is also where Paul is employed). Our friend at the bank arranged the whole thing, including the flowers. They were beautiful.

We were very impressed by the food. It was inexpensive, yet high-quality and delicious!!!
Paul liked it so much, that he tried to steal mine.
And then he decided a life of crime was exhausting, and took a nap on the couch in front of the fireplace.

After dinner and relaxing, we took a walk on the grounds. This bridge and waterfall were right outside the Evergreen Room. It makes for a spectacular view.
This is an area underneath the main dining deck. There are really cool murals all over, with hidden animals and gnomes in them.
Here is Paul in front of a really cool tree carving.

We had a wonderful anniversary. I thought Paul did a wonderful job planning the whole thing. To top the night off he also surprised me by buying us a CD player for our car.

I can't believe how fast the last four years of marriage have flown by. We have so much fun together. I love Paul so much. Happy Anniversary honey!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I don't remember you mentioning the cool outdoor stuff. Can I just go there and walk around without eating?

Anonymous said...

Hey, looks like you had a great time! That's cool that you got the whole room to yourselves. Happy very be-lated anniversary!

Greg

Megan and Greg said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for dinner! Those crunch tortillas have changed our dinners forever.

heidi and Doug said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!~

alex is sooo adorable with the bowl on his head just so cute!

fiona said...

Happy (late) Anniversary! That was sweet of Paul to plan that whole surprise; what a cool place. I liked the "inexpensive, yet high quality and delicious" part...my kind of food!