Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy 28th Birthday Paul!

Singing Happy Birthday. Alex was singing his favorite version of the song. It goes like this, "Happy Burr-day to you. You live in zoo. You look like mon-key. You smell pee-you!" Austin was watching everyone and apparently on the verge of crying. I guess our singing is that great.: )

Opening presents. Top and bottom Left: Alex was really excited  about this sticky hand that he "bought" his daddy. I don't think Paul even had a chance to touch the wrapper, before Alex had it open and was playing with it. Top Right: Robyn and Austin watching the show. Bottom Right: the rainbow cake. It was really easy and fun to make. Molly sent me the link, found here.

 Top R&L: Alex got Paul and rocket for his birthday, he also got himself a rocket. When we went to the store I suggested that we get a rocket for Daddy's birthday and Alex said, "No mom, get me rocket. Daddy said, my rocket broken, get me new rocket." Yes, I did remember that Paul had told him that a couple of weeks earlier, when his rocket did in fact break. So we decided to get two rockets and wrapped them both. This led Alex to believe that it was his birthday, too. He kept saying, "Daddy birthday, my birthday! :)
Bottom R&L: Austin got Daddy and pack of squirt guns. Can you see how excited he is about them? He is so cute!

These pictures got a little out of order. Here is Alex putting candles on the cake...on top and on sticking out the side. :) He also was the one that insisted on putting a bear on top...that or a snowman, so I picked a bear. Here this is Paul's birthday post and I have hardly said a thing about him. haha I got him a new cell phone for his birthday and then we went to the Water Works Park on the actual day of his birthday (as seen in a previous post). I love you Paul! I hope your birthday was as fun for you as it was for...Alex. haha

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the boy's enthusiasm for Paul's presents. Ralph says if Paul is really nice to him he will tell a few secrets about winning the pinewood derby. Ralph and his brothers always won.

Megan and Greg said...

Cool cake, as always. 28, we're all getting so old! Everything about Alex was cute. Happy BDAY Paul!

Dan said...

Thanks for cake, glade the kid were here to help the old man blow the candles out.
Your not really that old yet. LOL