Alex is supposed to be taking a nap right now, but instead of the sweet sound of silence, what do I Hear?
"Echo! Echo! ECH-O! Echo? Where are do? I no ear do!" (translation: where are you, I don't hear you).
And then, after pausing to listen for an answer, he starts up again, "Echo? Do ear me Echo?" (translation: you hear me echo?)
Then, after pausing once more, he says, "Oh, oh-tay." And then falls silent...
hmmmm what I want to know is what did Echo say? Because, clearly he answered....:)
The other day, Alex was playing outside in the sun and talking to his shadow...
"Oh, hi sadow! Wanna pay wid me?" (pausing to listen to his shadow answer)
"Oh, Oh-tay. Come ere. Come swing wid me."
(Translation: Oh, hi shadow! Do you want to play with me? Oh, OK. Come here, come swing with me.)
Eating lunch one day a couple of months ago, he kept repeating the same thing to me over and over until I finally understood what he was saying...trust me it took me like 10 or 15 minutes to figure it out. It was really important, too. :)
"Mom, Mom, eye-light ray-cue hepin' pay-pooh." Over and over and over he said this...so, what does it mean? It was a proud mom moment when it clicked in my head and I said to him, "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue, helping people?"
And he smiles all proudly back and says, "Uh-huh! (holding up his hand at me for a high-five) Awesome!"
Oh, I sure love this boy!
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have no idea how you got that Buzz Lightyear sentence. I tried to figure it out after the translation and still couldn't get it. Super cute tid bits. Loved all the stories.At first I thought you were gonna tell me Echo was his new imaginary friend!
Mom's are sure good translators. I never would have figured that one out! He sure is a cutey pie! I luv luv luv him.
Oh, those are so cute! Alex is such a friendly little guy, making buddies with echos and shadows :) I love the congratulatory high five! Bran would often tell me, "good job!" after a particularly difficult to translate sentence. Adorable pic, too! Your family pic on the side from Austin's blessing is AWESOME.
Post a Comment