Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Fouth of July 2010!


I can't remember exactly who was working the sparklers in the above shots but I think it was as follows (L to R): Andrew, Ben?, Miranda or Megan, Greg.

Paul and I took Alex to pick out his own fireworks this year. Here he is digging into his bag. He didn't know what they were when we bought them, but he learned fast. Then he couldn't stay out of the bag. All of the ones to the right of him were brought by the Swartz family.
This train was by far the favorite, and it was really cool, too! It zoomed across the board, stopped, and then zoomed backwards while shooting off all kinds of sparks. The boys were very impressed.

Alex looks a bit worried in this photo, but Dom is obviously in awe. :)

Sparklers were a little dangerous...Paul almost lost a couple of eyebrows, his nose and who knows what else when Alex threw it in his face. Alex wasn't too keen on holding it in the first place, which is why Paul is holding him, and then he saw everyone else waving them around and thought he would give it a try...BIG MISTAKE. Paul got a face full of sparkler!

Ralph bravely held this one until it pooped out.

Daniel made some cool sparkler circles.


Alex wearing Naomi's homemade visor.


Dom, snatching handfuls of Aunt Pat's delicious homemade kettle corn.

And, Paul made this delicious patriotic cake!

It was so good, that it was gone in about 15 minutes!







4 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

People were so crazy with the fireworks that night. I felt so irresponsible witnessing it. I don't know how I missed your last post! Man! Alex learned a LOT. That is really cool. I can't believe he went off the diving board and swam underwater! Insane! That is awesome. I can't imagine the progress he'll make next year.

fiona said...

Cool fireworks shots! I love the look on Dom's face watching them, so cute!

Marcee said...

Don't you just love t he 4th of July!! One of my favorite holidays. Cake looks pretty good Paul, nicely done.

Love the pictures of swimming lessons with Myrna. We love her! She does such a great job!

Rochelle said...

Great Job on the fireworks shots Paul! And your cake was AMAZING! I love FIRE!!! One of my FAVORITE Holidays......plus the Cave camping trip right before it was totally fun too! Great Fun!